Located on the prominent corner of George Street and College Avenue in the historic district of York, George Street Commons is a mixed-use development consisting of 28 two- and three-bedroom townhome units, a clubhouse and a small grocer. The design is sympathetic to its surroundings and replaced a parking lot, an abandoned building and a run-down grocery store.
- High density in a compact development, the individual residences are spacious open concept
units with a minimum 1.5 baths, a laundry are, and loft space or office
- The units exceed energy standards with the building envelope design and a geothermal system
- Green space is centrally located to provide residents with ample outdoor space
- Finalist in the ninth annual Affordable Housing Finance Readers’ Choice Awards for the nation’s best developments of 2012-2013
- Recipient of the 2015 Opportunity for All Award from 10,000 Friends of PA Commonwealth Awards
- Finalist in the fourth Annual Willard G. “Bill” Rouse Awards for Excellence in 2017